Effective January 01, 2023
For a printable version of this Policy, please click here.
Information We Collect
How We Use Information
How We Share Information
How We Protect Information
Special Information For California Residents
Special Information For Nevada Residents
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This section describes our information collection practices in connection with the Services.
Information You Provide
- Individual contact information: This includes information you provide when you contact us, or sign up for promotional communications, including name, email address, telephone number, and physical address.
- Account information: This includes information you provide when you create an account, including username and password, name, email address, and communication and marketing preferences.
- Transactional information: This includes information you provide to make a purchase, including shopping and purchase history, payment information, such as your credit or debit card number, and billing address. Please note we use a payment processor to process your payment.
- Customer service interactions: This includes information you provide when you engage with Cavender's customer service, including through recorded telephone calls, surveys, and email correspondence.
- Store interactions: If you visit one of our locations, video of you will be captured by our CCTV footage.
- Job Candidate information: This includes information you provide when you apply for employment with Cavender's, including name, email address, telephone number, educational history, and employment history. For more information, see our Candidate Privacy Notice
- Business contact information: This includes information you provide when you contact us in connection with commercial accounts, including business name, telephone number, email address, and the name of the business representative.
- Rodeo Team information: This includes information you provide when you apply to our Rodeo Team, including name, email address, age, educational history, rodeo experience, social handles, and photographs of you at recent rodeos.
Information We Learn From You
- Usage details about your interaction with our website, such as which pages you access, frequency of access, what you click on, search terms, date and length of visits, and referring website addresses.
- Device information, including the IP address and other details of a device that you use to connect with our Services, such as device type, unique device identifier, hardware model, operating system, browser, mobile network information, and mobile carrier.
- Location information where you choose to provide us with access to information about your device’s location, including information on nearby devices and Wi-Fi access points.
The following is a list of some of the partners who collect information automatically on our website. Please note we use other cookies for the above described purposes.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use your information for any of the following purposes:
- Provide our Services: Provide the requested Services; create and maintain your account; process your payments; fulfill and manage your purchase, return, or exchange; build and manage business opportunities; assess and manage your application.
- Respond to inquiries: Provide support; respond to your questions, inquiries, and other requests; monitor and improve our responses.
- Send communications: Provide account updates or information on your purchase, return, or exchange; inform you of any changes to the Services.
- Market to you: Deliver content and service offerings that may be of interest to you or the business you represent; administer promotions and surveys.
- Improve the Services and grow Cavender's: Understand our consumer base; improve the Services; conduct product development, research, and analysis.
- Offer, maintain, and improve the website: Monitor the performance of our website; improve the website; ensure the security of the website; personalize and improve your experience.
- Comply with legal obligations: Comply with our legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with inquiries from regulators, law enforcement agencies, or parties involved in litigation.
- Protect our rights and the rights of others: Establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights; as required to enforce contracts; defend against legal claims or demands; detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person; maintain the security of our store locations.
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share your information:
- With service providers that perform business functions on our behalf, such as processing transactions, shipping, professional services, customer and technical support, and analytics.
- With advertising and measurements partners who assist us in serving advertisements regarding the Services. These third parties use tracking technologies on our website to collect or receive information from website and elsewhere on the internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target ads.
- When required by law and when we are legally required to do so, such as in response to or in compliance with court or regulatory agency orders, legal proceedings, or legal process; to exercise our legal rights; to enforce our contracts; to defend against legal claims or demands; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law.
- To prevent harm or if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- As part of a business transaction with another entity in connection with a contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
4. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
Cavender's has implemented reasonable security measures to help protect the information that you provide. These safeguards vary depending on the sensitivity of the information. For example, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to protect the information you provide when making a purchase on our website. While we take these precautions, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
5. INFORMATION CHOICES
- Access or correct information: You can correct or view certain information of yours and which is associated with your account at any time through your Cavender's account.
- Marketing preferences: You can unsubscribe from Cavender's marketing emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any Cavender's email. Please note that even if you unsubscribe, you will still receive email communications that provide information related to your account, purchases, or other important information.
- SMS marketing: You can opt out of receiving SMS messages by texting STOP in response to any SMS message we send you.
- Cookie preferences:
- Visit the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance to learn more about your options for opting out of the use of your information by certain companies to deliver interest-based advertising.
- If your browser offers you the ability to use the Global Privacy Control (GPC) to communicate your privacy preferences to us, we honor such signals. Please note, however, that our website is not currently configured to respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
6. SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The following charts describe our practices with regard to the collection, use, sharing, and retention of your personal information.
Cavender's will retain your information for as long as is necessary to complete the purposes for which it was collected, or as may be required by law. We utilize the following criteria to determine the length of time for which we retain information:
- The business purposes for which the information is used, and the length of time for which the information is required to achieve those purposes;
- Whether we are required to retain the information type in order to comply with legal obligations or contractual commitments, to defend against potential legal claims, or as otherwise necessary to investigate theft or other activities potentially in violation of Cavender's policies and procedures applicable to you or against the law, to ensure a secure online environment, or to protect health and safety;
- The privacy impact of ongoing retention on the consumer; and
- The manner in which information is maintained and flows through our systems, and how best to manage the lifecycle of information in light of the volume and complexity of the systems in our infrastructure.
Individual pieces of personal information may exist in different systems that are used for different business or legal purposes. A different maximum retention period may apply to each use case of the information. Certain individual pieces of information may also be stored in combination with other individual pieces of information, and the maximum retention period may be determined by the purpose for which that information set is used. All retention criteria are applied similarly to the categories of personal information listed below. Collection, Use, and Sharing We collect personal information subject to the CCPA when we: (i) interact with a customer or prospective customer who is located in California; (ii) when a resident of California visits our website; or (iii) we interact with an employee, representative, or agent of a merchant, vendor, business, or other entity located in California.
Collection, Use, and Sharing
We collect personal information subject to the CCPA when we: (i) interact with a customer or prospective customer who is located in California; (ii) when a resident of California visits our website; or (iii) we interact with an employee, representative, or agent of a merchant, vendor, business, or other entity located in California.
Name, email address, telephone number, physical address
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||
Name, signature, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number
Products purchased, obtained, or considered, other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
|Internet or other similar network activity||
Device ID, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with an internet website, application or advertisement
|Audio and visual information||
Video and audio captured by security cameras if you visit a Cavender's location; call recordings (i.el customer service calls)
Your device's IP address and approximate physical location
|Sensitive personal information||
Account log-in; debit card or credit number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials
You have the right to request access to personal information collected about you and information regarding the source of that personal information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. You also have the right to request we correct inaccurate information, and to request in certain circumstances that we delete personal information that we have collected directly from you. You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CCPA rights.
You may submit a request to exercise your rights to access, correct, or delete your personal information through one of two means:
- By completing the form available here
- By calling us at 888.361.2555
We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response. Upon submission of your request, we will contact you (via the email address provided in your request) with instructions on how to verify the request, after which we will check our records for matching information, and aim to complete requests as soon as reasonably practicable and consistent with any applicable laws. You may authorize another individual or a business registered with the California Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf through these means.
You may opt out of the sale of sharing of personal information to third parties by following the instructions in the Information Choices section above. Cavender's does not knowingly sell or share the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
The CCPA also grants you the right to request that we limit use of sensitive personal information to certain purposes allowed by law. However, we do not use sensitive personal information in any way for which you would be afforded this right.
7. SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR NEVADA RESIDENTSResidents of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to third parties. While we do not sell your information under Nevada law, please contact us at the information provided below if you have further questions.
8. CHILDREN'S PRIVACYThe Services are not directed to children under the age of 16 years. We will not request information from anyone whom we know to be under the age of 16. If we become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with information, we will take immediate steps to delete such information.
10. CONTACT US
Cavender's Boot City
ATTN: Customer Service
7820 South Broadway, Tyler, TX 75703